Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally...

After too many words and too much time, I thought I'd get to the point.  I found that, when I finally surrendered, when I decided that I needed to take action despite my fears, my fears were unfounded.  At every tenuous foothold, there was a net of supporters to catch me if I fell.  If I were despondent about my divorce, I heard encouragement.  When I reached out to help others in the same boat, I gained strength.

This didn't happen because I'm special, or bright, or through any virtue of my own.  It happened because I let go; I admitted that I need others to help me through a problem I could not solve.  Much to my surprise, the world did not come to an end.

There was--and there still is--a lot of solitary work to do.  Even so, working toward a solution involves much more than I can do by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment